There are several ways in which you can improve the quality of your software. One of them is of course software testing preferably conducted by a professional software testing company.
Another option you can take is practice user-centered design that will help you understand user demands better.
So first of all, make characteristics of potential end-users of your product. It is preferable to do it before software development so that in the process of product’s creation you understand what user expects to see in the end.
5 Ways to Conduct User Research:
- Visit your customers’ web sites and look through them;
- Observe users in their workplace in the process of using certain software;
- Ask them about their motivation and their expectations;
- Analyze all the obtained result and come to a conclusion, which you should formulate in an accessible format. Make your report readable and easy-to-understand but highly informative at that (it is a question of usability).
- Some companies (doesn’t matter if it is a software developing or a software testing company) use the special “personas” method. That is, they create character sketches of typical users, give them names and create their stories. So, the developers relate to them as people. After some time after the company has incorporated this method, the team will keep personas in mind and think about their needs and thus orient on users and their demands.