Outsourcing software testing companies can be helpful and profitable for system in general and software project in particular.
Classes of Software Testing Which are Better to Outsource:
– Web site testing testing that need staff with special qualification for a short time;
– Software testing or mobile application testing that needs variety of expensive facilities, hardware or software;
– Software testing that are repetitive and boring, but significant for the project;
– Considerable group of tests that cannot be performed in-house because of altering ranking of tasks.
– Urgent and very important tests for the project or tests with very fast changing standards;
– Tests and test outcome assessments, that demand deep and detail domain familiarity;
Classes of Software Testing Which are Better to Perform Using In-house Test Team:
– Testing the outcome of which depends on last-minute changes;
– Tests that secure system stability before sending it for final testing to outsourcing software testing company.
To distribute software testing workload wisely between an outsourcing software testing company and in-house test team a good test manager should take into consideration engineering, executive and political matters. A test manager has to distribute test units wisely and achieve the best balance between outsourcing software testing company and in-house test team.