Story of One Research of Banks Corporate Sites or Top 10 Software Bugs Making Customers Leave a Site
My father is a department manager in one of rather big and well-known Ukrainian banks. Recently he asked me to do a little research of the rivals on the market.
The task was to find 10 – 15 similar banks, to learn their services, interest rates, quality of services and make a comparison study.
I have been interested in finances since childhood, besides I worked as a secret shopper during my student days, so I agreed with pleasure.
I decided to start with the simplest – banks websites. Having got on the site of the first bank I found that there are many visual defects there. Desire to go on exploring the site has gone immediately. But I had a task to do, so having looked further I found lots of other defects, including functional ones.
What’s interesting is that the similar situation was on many other sites, including the site of the bank where my father works.
After working on this task for a while I made up a sort of top 10 the most frequent software bugs on banks websites:
- Visual defects, user interface software bugs
- Non-functional buttons (including navigation buttons to the bank site in social networks)
- Wrong calculation of data on credit and deposit calculators
- Broken links
- Errors in the forms to fill out (and boring and long forms)
- Incorrectly operating maps that indicate locations of the bank offices
- Text errors
- Absence of pictures and favicons
- Links and content are not SEO friendly
- Usability defects, inconvenience in usage (difficulties in selecting and searching services, lack of information: a simple understandable description, reviews, visual diagrams, etc.)
I myself frequently use both information bank sites and Internet banking systems. I have to use them at least once a day. That is why I would like to make life easier for the frequent visitors, and especially for the rare ones, who need much more time to understand the complex twists of the interfaces.
And we are going to do this good deed for absolutely free.
QATestLab offers testing of banks corporate web sites and of Internet banking systems.
Contact the team of professional testers and you’ll get the first 10 software bugs within a day. Just in a day your clients will become 10 % happier and more confident of their bank.
9 out of 10 banks for which we performed web site testing or internet banking system claim that the number of clients drawn through the site increased on 15-20 %.