Is it Better to Be A Software Developer or Tester?
by Nataliia Vasylyna | August 29, 2014 10:00 am
Many people believe there is a significant difference in salary between a software tester and a software developer, with the latter being paid much more. Is this really true?
The first impression may be deceptive. The salary amount depends on many factors, including the software testing company a person is working for, the amount of work he or she is dealing with every day, experience and professional skills, etc.
In fact, there is not much difference between salary of an experienced tester and member of a development team. Some companies, like Google and Microsoft, provide even higher salary for testers rather than developers.
To some extent this happens because of a higher workforce demand for testers at the modern job market. Professionals, who deal with mobile testing, desktop testing, web site testing, often turn out to be more popular at the job market than software engineers.
Frequently the salary depends on the experience of work.
When Choosing a Career Consider:
- skills and abilities required for the career of a software tester and software developer; try to choose your future profession according to your likes and interests;
- both software development and mobile application testing, desktop testing, web site testing are valuable for creation sellable, competitive products;
- performance results of a software tester turn out to be more important due to prevention of significant defects, which may result in human fatalities and serious problems.
- Why Is It Worth to Choose Software Tester Career?
- What Does It Mean to Be a Good Software Tester?
- 10 Characteristics of the Top-sawyer Product Tester
- 5 Reasons to Become a Tester
- Entry-Level Testers: Bringing in New Blood
- Why Is It Worth to Choose Software Tester Career?: http://blog.qatestlab.com/2017/04/24/software-tester-career/
- What Does It Mean to Be a Good Software Tester?: http://blog.qatestlab.com/2017/02/06/good-software-tester/
- 10 Characteristics of the Top-sawyer Product Tester: http://blog.qatestlab.com/2017/01/27/top-sawyer-tester/
- 5 Reasons to Become a Tester: http://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/11/29/reasons-become-tester/
- Entry-Level Testers: Bringing in New Blood: http://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/05/06/entry-level-testers/
Source URL: http://blog.qatestlab.com/2014/08/29/is-it-better-to-be-a-software-developer-or-tester/
Copyright ©2018 Independent Testing – QATestLab