It appears that mobile testing requires more imagination and creativity than desktop testing or web site testing on personal computers. Mobile programs function under various conditions in different environments what is uncharacteristic to desktop software products.
This variety of conditions combinations causes unreproducible defects. That is why unreproducible defects are more frequent in mobile programs than in desktop ones.
To Understand the Amount of Possible Conditions, One Should Take into Account Combinations of Such Factors:
- environment conditions, like temperature and lighting;
- working with the program while walking, sitting somewhere or going by a car;
- battery level of the device;
- other applications simultaneously functioning with the tested system on the tablet or smartphone;
- amount of free memory space on the device;
- networking conditions;
- various settings of the tablet or smartphone;
- user knowledge and experience in working with such applications;
- user emotions;
- other conditions.
In order to find causes of unreproducible defects and properly execute mobile application testing one should check its behavior under all possible combinations of conditions. But every software testing company knows that such a task may require too much time, so the testers must choose the most common conditions among all possible variants and execute software testing under them.