What does Creative Thinking Mean in Software Testing?
by Nataliia Vasylyna | January 29, 2015 10:00 am
It is known that mobile testing, desktop testing and web site testing require creative thinking. Conventional way of thinking does not allow to build a career in any branch of information technology. But it is unclear what people mean talking about creative thinking.
Often creative thinking means ability to utilize different approaches to the same task and do not limit oneself to a single vision of the problem. So, a lot of approaches and methods of software testing have been elaborated. They help to verify software products from different perspectives.
Among the Most Known Approaches to Software Testing Are:
- black-box testing; according to it test engineers carry out functional testing paying no attention to the product back-end, and what processes are executed there; the test engineers focus on the inputs and outputs of the system;
- white-box testing; during such software testing one concentrates on the system back-end and its processes;
- grey-box testing, this is a combination of the previous approaches.
But one should not limit creativity by these approaches. It is a good practice to use the other ones as well. Any new approach gives a different perspective of the application and enables the test engineer to see defects that didn’t show up during previous testing efforts.
The more approaches can a tester apply, the more skilled and valuable expert he or she is in manual or automated testing.
- Going Deep into Mobile Testing: Non-Functional Aspects
- How to Distinguish Bug Severity and Priority?
- Tester’s Biggest Misbelief
- Should Testing be User-Oriented?
- Main Features of an Agile Leader
- [Image]: http://qatestlab.com/
- Going Deep into Mobile Testing: Non-Functional Aspects: http://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/05/12/mobile-testing-aspects/
- How to Distinguish Bug Severity and Priority?: http://blog.qatestlab.com/2015/12/18/bug-severity-priority/
- Tester’s Biggest Misbelief: http://blog.qatestlab.com/2015/12/03/testers-biggest-misbelief/
- Should Testing be User-Oriented?: http://blog.qatestlab.com/2015/10/23/testing-user-oriented/
- Main Features of an Agile Leader: http://blog.qatestlab.com/2015/10/22/features-agile-leader/
Source URL: http://blog.qatestlab.com/2015/01/29/what-does-creative-thinking-mean-in-software-testing/
Copyright ©2017 Independent Software Testers – QATestLab