The activity of software testing company is user-oriented. Testing is user-based and is performed according to modeled user behavior. As a result, the application or a web-site meets the requirements of every demanding user.
There are some issues that will help testers to perform successful performance testing and get more effective product. Testers should only perform the role of an end user.
Useful User-Oriented Points for Testers:
- capitalization (some users pay a special attention to words spelling, for example, ‘Kate’ or ‘kaTe’ really differs);
- the size of spaces (the usage of two or even more spaces in one sentence between separate words disharmonizes text perception);
- the special characters (either users ignore unknown marks or they try to get to the back of this character);
- the security of HTML code (inexperienced user can accidentally make some changes in textbox and change the code);
- the size of text fragments (too long lines may annoy users);
These issues can somehow change the approach to software testing. But the orientation on a user is not always good for any type of testing, for example, usability testing, desktop application testing or mobile testing.
What Are the Reasons of Software Failures?
- If software runs too long, there is a possibility of memory leaks.
- The limited number of users that can launch the application simultaneously.
- The text may changes in size according to the parameters of the screen.