IT is rather complicated sphere which requires profound knowledge and good practical skills. There are a lot of a little bit confusing concepts and approaches. But good theoretical and practical backgrounds are not all possible challenges.
Every step of software development lifecycle has its own specifics and difficulties. Now it is time to define the troubles, which a specialist may face during software testing.
What Are Testing Challenges?
- Lack of time. While performing functional testing, the specialist usually does not have enough time to thoroughly check all aspects of product capability. Time poverty decreases the effectiveness of checking procedure. The tester may miss serious bugs during manual testing, if he is out of time.
- Huge number of input sets. There is the endless number of possible input combinations. The tester is unable to check every valid and invalid input sets.
- Expected result. In some cases, during performance testing the specialists find it difficult to define the expected results. It makes the creation of test cases and checking procedure more complicated.
- On one hand, the requirement specifications can be somehow modified during the development procedure. On the other hand, the specification is available not at every project.
The experienced specialists in software testing company always help their colleagues to solve any trouble or difficulty. Every PM and team lead are ready to throw a lifeline to his team member.
- Stress, Performance and Load: Three Pillars to Lean On during Testing
- Software Testing: Complicated Burden or Elegant Endeavor?
- Simulating the Reality during Performance Testing
- Security Testing: Universal Recommendations and Techniques
- Security Testing: Protecting Customers from Day One