Even the biggest haters of QA automation cannot fail to acknowledge that a reasonable and consistent approach to automated testing can bring great benefits to a software testing company.
The following are brief recommendations on how to plan and execute test automation in a best possible way and perform effective mobile testing or website testing.
What Are the Steps to Successful Test Automation?
- Make sure that project managers approve the automation initiative. Given that test automation consumes a lot of time and finances, the involvement of business people is essential.
- Prepare a sketch plan describing the features that are to be automated, approach to their automation, and approximate time for each task.
- Analyze the system and determine the areas to be automated in the first place. Project managers can significantly help with that.
- Determine the features that are rarely modified. Those are good candidates for practicing the automated test scripts creation.
- Describe your tests, explain what functionalities and scenarios they cover.
- Control both manual and automated test efforts. This will help to demonstrate the benefits of QA automation to project managers and business analysts.
- Try to write as simple test scripts as possible. The simpler they are, the easier it is to reuse them in future.
- Make project managers aware that test automation is not a fix-all strategy. It doesn’t eliminate all quality issues, but at the competent approach it can be very beneficial.
These recommendations will help not to fail system testing, load testing, performance testing, etc., and make the best of them.
- What Diagrams Should QA-engineers Be Familiar With?
- 10 Characteristics of the Top-sawyer Product Tester
- Software Development Cycle: Problems and Solutions
- Resume for Software Tester Position: Common Problems
- 10 Characteristics of a Perfect Agile Specialist