It is quite difficult to underestimate the benefits of automated testing. Every software testing company employee knows it is one of the best ways to optimize testing process. And there are tools to make automation more effective.
The variety of tools for automated testing, provided in the current IT market, is extremely big. They could be cheap and simple, suitable for a unique project, or expensive and complicated, fitting the majority of tests. The choice of the proper one depends on the experience of the tester and the deep knowledge of the process itself.
The professionals in software testing automation recommend answering the following questions to make a final decision easier.
What Questions Will Help to Choose the Automation Tool?
- What type of testing is going to be automated? The tools differ according to the platforms and technologies they support. That is why it is impossible to use a tool for automating desktop testing when running mobile testing, and vice versa.
- Is the team experienced enough to use a tool? Some tools can be very complicated for juniors, and it takes too much time on teaching them to use it.
- Does the tool provide some additional services? Besides automation, some tools can track and record tests or provide some other useful services. They help to save time and are much more beneficial for testers.
Can the changes break the automation? Some tools are unable to handle user interface testing. The good ones should be reusable and maintainable.
- What Diagrams Should QA-engineers Be Familiar With?
- 10 Characteristics of the Top-sawyer Product Tester
- Software Development Cycle: Problems and Solutions
- Resume for Software Tester Position: Common Problems
- How to Test the Code Online?