10 Basic Usability Testing Principles
by Nataliia Vasylyna | October 7, 2016 6:42 am
Nowadays’ computerized life makes the users go to the different websites in order to get the necessary information. There are a lot of Internet platforms which allow their visitors to find what they want, however, not all of them can boast of a high level of sites usability.
Usability testing with comparison, for example, to security testing, is performed from the perspective of the end user. It is even a widespread practice to involve the nonprofessional people in software testing process so as to estimate whether the site is convenient or not.
What Are the Main Features of Usability Testing?
- Understanding of users’ requirements and expectations
- Providing of salutary content and visually pleasant graphics
- Orthography, scrolling, navigations, links, buttons, filters activity, and so on
- Time to request data and wait for the response
- Applying of the basic screen resolutions and considering of various browsers design
- Using the videos, slideshows, and animation
- The presence of the “Search” field on each of the pages
- Clearly formulated headlines
- Explanation of the fulfillment purpose of each form on the site
- Accessibility of the personal information
All the above guidelines have one aim – to provide the first-time site visitor or application user with the simplicity in utilizing, informative content and good visualization. Agile testing techniques usually start with the concerned type or user interface testing.
Any QA company should pay much attention to the end user’s expectations and provide the client with the plain and effective in usage software title.
- How to Make Usability Testing More Effective?
- Usability of Web and Mobile Apps: Simple Principles to Go By
- GUI Testing vs Usability Testing
- Deceptive Opinion on Usability Testing
- What to Rely on during Usability Testing?
- Usability testing : http://qatestlab.com/services/We-Are-Professionals-in/usability-testing/
- software testing: http://qatestlab.com/services/We-Are-Professionals-in/software-product-testing/
- user interface testing: http://qatestlab.com/services/We-Are-Professionals-in/User-Interface-Testing/
- How to Make Usability Testing More Effective?: http://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/09/15/usability-testing-effective/
- Usability of Web and Mobile Apps: Simple Principles to Go By: http://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/04/27/checking-usability-principles/
- GUI Testing vs Usability Testing: http://blog.qatestlab.com/2015/10/21/gui-usability-testing/
- Deceptive Opinion on Usability Testing: http://blog.qatestlab.com/2015/08/11/deceptive-usability-testing/
- What to Rely on during Usability Testing?: http://blog.qatestlab.com/2014/11/25/on-what-should-one-rely-performing-usability-testing/
Source URL: http://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/10/07/usability-testing-principles/
Copyright ©2018 Independent Testing – QATestLab