User interface or simply UI is the product means/elements that ensure the user’s interaction with the program, device or application. It can be screen, page set, some visual elements, etc. In the 1970s, the software products have the command line interface.
In 1981, a PC with graphical user interface (GUI) was developed. It was the very first GUI that had drop-down menus, icons, windows, radio buttons, checkboxes. In 1984, the Macintosh was created. It had a very successful desktop computer from the commercial point. After that, UI is constantly changing.
In software testing field, a procedure of product functionality, UI testing, is rather underestimated. But the first interaction between product and user is performed by the means of UI. Still, this checking type can be performed both manually and automatically.
What Are the Advantages of Automated UI Testing?
- The procedure is time-consuming and more reliable than manual testing.
- Automated UI tests are cost-effective.
- Test cases for UI testing automation can be executed at the same time on various platforms and browsers.
- Automated testing of product UI is suitable when several people work with one piece of code.
- UI test automation detects regression errors.
Besides that, a lot of automation tools are available to conduct UI automation testing, for example:
- Test Studio,
- Selenium, etc.
With their help, it is possible to execute both web UI testing and desktop testing.
- No Related Posts