Nowadays, a huge number of various Android applications is designed and more and more devices of different configuration are developed. That is why Android app testing requires much time and effort and it is impossible to check the product on every available device.
To provide a proper work of the developed product, the specialists conduct software testing on typical devices configuration which are the most widespread. Moreover, mobile testing is executed on the devices with highest and lowest possible configuration.
What Are the Categories of Android Tests?
- Local unit tests that are run on JVM (Java Virtual Machine).
- Instrumentation tests that should be run on Android system. To check the code with uses Android API, it is necessary to execute the test cases on Android device.
To provide a thorough checking of Android apps, it is recommended to follow a special schema of test distribution.
What Aspects of Android App to Test?
- To provide the stability of code, it is required to perform unit testing.
- The execution of functional testing will ensure the correct work of the application.
- If the product supports the integration with other software and other app components, then multi-platform testing should be conducted.
But first of all, the business logic of the application under development should be analyzed and reviewed. It is very important to apply the so-called testPreconditions() method to test the pre-conditions for all other tests. If this method fails, then every other test will fail too.