Software product development is a complex process which is obligatory accompanied with testing. To perform thorough software product testing, QA team should plan the test strategy, pick up techniques and methodologies, set the goal, and etc. When developing the system, both developers and testers face certain challenges.
5 Common Problems When Developing Software Product
- Misunderstandings – frequently, there is not enough feedback as for the end appearance of the system. Expectations of the users, developers, testers, and clients may vary.
- Make it or break it – IT sphere is the most evolving and progressive area of today’s life. It is hard to predict what will be in demand next year or even month.
- Tight deadlines – based on the above statement, there is another problem – the schedules make the software market to work rapidly.
- Vague future of the product – with the new versions and features development, it is quite difficult to say today what will be with the product tomorrow.
- A big number of concurrent factors – it is very challenging to control diverse environments, devices, platforms, and demographic peculiarities of the end users.
The aforesaid problems obstruct the whole process of development cycle, including the testing part. There are some solutions which may diffuse the impact of the listed challenges:
- providing the effective requirements;
- setting the short and long term goals;
- defining the audience;
- specifying the environments;
- promoting the qualitative development and fast releases.
In order to execute efficient software product checking (usability testing, functional control, security testing, system checking, configuration testing, load control, performance testing and so on), one should enhance the software development process as well.
- What Diagrams Should QA-engineers Be Familiar With?
- Resume for Software Tester Position: Common Problems
- 10 Characteristics of a Perfect Agile Specialist
- 5 Aspect of the Right Test Management Tool
- Make a Signal, Not a Noise