In the field of software testing, it is necessary to quickly check new versions of different products, especially if to talk about web products. Automated testing will help to cope with the task – to execute qualitative and fast web app testing. Moreover, automation will help the team to easily change and made the code refactor.
The process of auto tests creation may be rather difficult as the team should consider the modifications of UI, variety of servers and client platforms. Special automation tools will make the checking process easier. There are many different automation tools. Some of them are suitable for unit testing, others – for functional testing.
What Are the Tools for Automated Web Testing?
- Selenium – helps to automate web browsers across various platforms. It supports several big browser vendors so this tool can be a part of some browsers.
- Ranorex – a commercial tool for automated web testing and GUI testing. It can record the interaction with end users.
- Watir – with the help of Ruby libraries, a tester can easily create, maintain and read the tests.
- Sahi – has an open-source version that is free and a commercial Pro version.
- Tellurium – does not require the skills of scripting and programming. The test cases can be created in the English language.
- SoapUI – a cross-platform tool. It helps to test APIs (SOAP, REST). It ensures the interoperability of different applications.