What Are the Threats of Software Products?
by Nataliia Vasylyna | March 22, 2017 11:13 am
The main aim of security testing is to remove all critical flaws in the security system of software products. The specialists apply different techniques and methods in order to detect the system vulnerabilities. They conduct penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, access control testing, etc.
The attributes of security checking are authorization, integrity, resilience, availability, confidentiality and others. Product security is a must-do for web apps testing, mobile checking, and banking apps testing. It discovers whether it is possible to affect the system for deceptive purposes.
Types of Threat of Different Software Products:
- The elevation of privilege – the hackers can gain super-user privileges in order to be able to run the code.
- SQL Injection – the attempt to get critical data from server database. To avoid such attacks, it is necessary to check all the fields for data input.
- Unauthorized data access to data by tracking the access of other users or data-fetching.
- URL manipulation – changing the query string of the website URL to get the data passed between the client and server.
- DoS (denial-of-service) – the attempt to make the website unavailable for the users.
- Cross-site scripting (XSS) – adding the client-side script into the web pages. This is the way to trick the users in order to steal data, change the website behavior, etc.
Because of poor security technologies, it is possible to lose the users’ trust, have data damaged or stolen and have high expenditures.
- Hacking: Pluses and Minuses
- How to Select a Penetration Testing Service Provider?
- What Is WPA?
- Security Testing Myths
- 7 Types of Security Testing
- penetration testing: http://qatestlab.com/services/Is-Your-Software-Secure/security-testing/
- access control testing: http://qatestlab.com/services/is-your-software-secure/access-control-testing/
- banking apps testing: http://qatestlab.com/services/special-offer/internet-banking-systems-testing/
- Hacking: Pluses and Minuses: http://blog.qatestlab.com/2017/04/20/hacking-pluses-minuses/
- How to Select a Penetration Testing Service Provider?: http://blog.qatestlab.com/2017/03/07/penetration-testing-provider/
- What Is WPA?: http://blog.qatestlab.com/2017/03/03/wifi-protected-access/
- Security Testing Myths: http://blog.qatestlab.com/2017/02/15/security-testing-myths/
- 7 Types of Security Testing: http://blog.qatestlab.com/2017/02/07/security-testing-types/
Source URL: http://blog.qatestlab.com/2017/03/22/software-products-threats/
Copyright ©2017 Independent Software Testers – QATestLab