Mobile Test Automation: TestDroid
by Nataliia Vasylyna | July 25, 2011 12:30 pm
While I conducted the study a new solution for Android appeared.
TestDroid is a plugin for Eclipse that allows you to record tests (record & play) in the Robotium format. The system interacts with the phone through a standard Android debugger.
The license on the TestDroid Recorder costs $ 600 per year. The developers promise to release the TestDroid server; it will create clusters for testing. You can connect a few Android phones to the server, and run tests in parallel and remotely.
Unfortunately, the decision still in beta-testing stage and does not generate a test on my mac.
Moreover, according to the logs, not all actions are recorded in the tests. Solution is hopeful, but it is better to wait a little.
- Mobile Test Automation: absolute black box
- Perfecto Mobile – An Overview
- What to Check during Mobile Application Testing?
- Key Point of Mobile Testing: Device Sensors
- In-house Mobile Application Testing: Truth About It
- testing: https://qatestlab.com/services/types-of-applications/mobile-application-testing/
- Mobile Test Automation: absolute black box: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2011/07/29/automated-testing-of-mobile-applications-absolute-black-box-advantages-and-disadvantages/
- Perfecto Mobile – An Overview: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2011/03/28/perfecto-mobile-an-overview/
- What to Check during Mobile Application Testing?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2014/01/23/what-situations-should-be-checked-in-course-of-mobile-application-testing/
- Key Point of Mobile Testing: Device Sensors: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2014/01/22/one-of-important-points-in-mobile-application-testing/
- In-house Mobile Application Testing: Truth About It: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2013/02/08/in-house-mobile-application-testing-truth-about-it/
Source URL: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2011/07/25/automated-testing-of-mobile-applications-testdroid/
Copyright ©2019 QATestLab Blog