White Box Test Techniques. Data Flow Testing
by Nataliia Vasylyna | September 23, 2011 10:00 am
Test cases should be designed to execute control flow paths between definitions and uses of variables in the component.
Every test case should comprise:
- input to the component
- control flow subpath to be exercised
- locations of relevant variable definition and use pair
- expected result of the test case
Data Flow Testing requires such model of the interplays between segments of a component connected by the flow of control and the flow of data.
Categories are assigned to variable occurrences in the component, where the category finds out the definition or the use of the variable.
Definitions called variable occurrences where a variable is given a new value.
Accordingly, Uses called variable occurrences where a variable is not given a new value.
However uses can be later distinguished as:
- Data definition P-uses (occur in the predicate portion of a decision statement such as while .. do, if .. then .. else, etc)
- Data definition C-uses (are all others, comprising variable occurrences in the right hand side of an assignment statement, or an output statement).
More about white box testing techniques to can find here.
- Software Testing Techniques
- Difference Between White Box, Black Box, and Gray Box Testing
- What Is API Testing?
- Alpha Testing vs Beta Testing
- What Is Cyclomatic Complexity?
- here: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2011/09/30/white-box-test-techniques-linear-code-sequence-and-jump-testing/
- Software Testing Techniques: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2011/03/01/software-testing-techniques/
- Difference Between White Box, Black Box, and Gray Box Testing: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2011/03/01/difference-between-white-box-black-box-and-gray-box-testing/
- What Is API Testing?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2017/03/15/application-programming-interface/
- Alpha Testing vs Beta Testing: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2017/03/10/alpha-beta-testing/
- What Is Cyclomatic Complexity?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2017/03/08/cyclomatic-complexity-notion/
Source URL: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2011/09/23/white-box-test-techniques-data-flow-testing/
Copyright ©2019 QATestLab Blog