Methods of Searching Defects in a New App Version
by Nataliia Vasylyna | September 25, 2013 10:00 am
Comparison of results of the same back-end testing of different application versions often used as an effective way of finding errors in the latest version. That is why such method is frequently used by any software testing company.
It is known that such testing works are labor and time consuming. So it is wise to automate them.
The Important Issues That Must Be Considered When Automating Testing of Several System Versions Are:
- acquisition or/and elaboration necessary instruments;
- creation sufficient quantity of relevant test-cases.
To perform any mobile application testing desktop testing or web site testing it is necessary to elaborate appropriate test-cases.
To compare different software versions it is needed to select input data that satisfy all the versions and provide outputs that are convenient to compare, and tests that will provide sufficient coverage of the systems.
If the systems are sophisticated it may be too many variants of possible test-cases. It will be waste of time and money to execute all of them. To select the appropriate number of the most suitable ones one can by applying several of techniques commonly used for test cases elaboration during software testing .
The Techniques Are:
- Orthogonal-array testing;
- Cause-effect graphing;
- Boundary-value testing;
- Equivalence partitioning.
- How Increase Fruitfulness of Web, Desktop and Mobile Testing?
- What projects need test automation
- Automate or not Automate – That Is the Question!
- Software Test Automation: Problems and Tips
- 4 Inherent Parts of Modern Test Automation
- How Increase Fruitfulness of Web, Desktop and Mobile Testing?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2014/04/22/5-advices-helping-to-increase-fruitfulness-of-web-site-testing-desktop-testing-and-mobile-testing/
- What projects need test automation: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2018/06/12/when-automate-testing/
- Automate or not Automate – That Is the Question!: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2017/02/16/automation-principle-approach/
- Software Test Automation: Problems and Tips: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2017/01/04/automation-problems-tips/
- 4 Inherent Parts of Modern Test Automation: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2017/01/02/modern-automation-parts/
Source URL: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2013/09/25/one-of-the-methods-of-searching-defects-in-a-new-application-version/
Copyright ©2020 QATestLab Blog