4 Situations When Mobile App Should be Tested
by Nataliia Vasylyna | January 29, 2014 10:00 am
It is known that in course of a web site testing, desktop testing or mobile testing it is important to check the software product behavior under different conditions, in particular, in situations that often happen during common usage of the software.
Each type of applications has its specific nature that should be considered during a development process and in course of a mobile application testing, desktop testing or web site testing.
In Order to Test Mobile Software Thoroughly it is Wise to See How it Behaves in the Next Situations:
- When many mobile software products are running at the device at the same time. Such kind of load testing helps to discover significant defects in the software. It is recommended to use mostly built-in or standard programs together with the tested application.
- When a user skips from working with one program to another. For instance, switches from the tested software to answering an email message or making notes.
- When various notifications interrupt operating of the tested software, for example, notifications from other software products, notifications, informing about incoming calls or received messages.
- When something happens that complicates the software functioning, for instance, low battery, loss of network connection, overloaded memory.
Of course each project requires custom approach but a software testing company considers that such testing activities allow to find most of serious errors in mobile software for a short time.
Learn more from QATestLab
- The A-Z Guide: When Mobile App Testing Is Done Right?
- Effective Mobile Application Testing
- Similarities Between Mobile Testing and Other Testing Types
- The A-Z Guide: When Mobile App Testing Is Done Right?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2020/09/04/mobile-app-testing-guide/
- Effective Mobile Application Testing: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2017/04/11/mobile-app-testing/
- Similarities Between Mobile Testing and Other Testing Types: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/12/30/mobile-testing-parallels/
Source URL: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2014/01/29/4-situations-in-which-a-mobile-application-should-be-tested/
Copyright ©2021 QATestLab Blog unless otherwise noted.