How Environment Impacts Mobile Software Functionality?
by Nataliia Vasylyna | September 8, 2014 10:00 am
Mobile software products are very susceptible to different outer influences. That is why mobile application testing should include checking of the system behavior under various environment conditions, unlike desktop testing or web site testing on desktop devices.
Weather conditions have a significant influence on functioning of mobile software.
Operation of a Web Mobile Program Can be Deteriorated:
- when it is cold the user’s fingers can freeze, this complicates tapping tiny objects on the screen;
- because of adjusting of mobile software to the environment lighting; when it is dark the screen brightens, in a sunny weather it dims; in course of usability testing it is necessary to check whether the application screens are clearly visible under different lighting;
- by thunderstorms or clouds, as they interfere and weaken WiFi or other network signals.
A software testing company often reminds its testers that networking problems can be caused not only by the weather, but by other objects in the surrounding.
Network Signals Can be Weak or Unreliable:
- in places far from populated areas;
- near huge buildings containing steel elements;
- in an elevator;
- inside various highway or other tunnels;
- in places where there are many functioning devices, for example, in an airport, hospital and so on.
So, one should make sure during mobile testing that the tested program properly handles poor and unreliable network connection and it is usable under different weather conditions.
- Why mobile apps fail
- Top 8 Questions for Mobile Testing Interview
- Manual Testing: How to Begin?
- What not to Forget During Mobile Application Testing?
- Why do Exist Plenty of Conditions for Mobile Testing?
- Why mobile apps fail: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2017/09/25/mobile-apps-fail/
- Top 8 Questions for Mobile Testing Interview: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/11/25/mobile-testing-interview/
- Manual Testing: How to Begin?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/09/12/manual-testing-start/
- What not to Forget During Mobile Application Testing?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2015/10/07/mobile-application-testing/
- Why do Exist Plenty of Conditions for Mobile Testing?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2014/09/26/why-do-exist-plenty-of-conditions-for-mobile-testing/
Source URL: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2014/09/08/how-do-environment-conditions-impact-functioning-of-mobile-software/
Copyright ©2019 QATestLab Blog