How to Write a Resume for QA Position?
by Nataliia Vasylyna | November 5, 2014 10:00 am
One should have a well-made resume in order to get a job in a software testing company. Writing a good resume is a priority task during job hunting. That is why one should pay considerable attention to writing a suitable resume for each position he or she applies.
Unfortunately, some people underestimate the significance of properly performed resume and cannot find the job they want for a long time.
Tips on How to Write a Good Resume for a Vacancy of a Software Tester:
- Write everything in brief.
- Don’t forget to indicate your phone number, e-mail and name on the top left corner.
- On the first page write skills, experience in web site testing, desktop testing, mobile testing; add accomplished projects.
- Specify the career objective at the top of the first page.
- Check the resume on grammar and spelling; mistakes make a resume look bad in the eyes of a recruiter.
- It is not recommended to write about fake skills and experience in manual or automated testing or any other field. The lie can be easily revealed.
- Customize the resume for each software testing position.
- The resume should be no more than 3 pages unless it is sent for position of a manager.
- Do not indicate unnecessary details such as weight, height and so on.
- Underline the important skills for the vacancy.
Learn more from QATestLab
- How to Compose a Resume for QA Position?
- What Attracts Attention to A Resume on QA Position?
- How to Craft Superb QA Engineer CV: Guide + Interview Tips
- How to Compose a Resume for QA Position?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2014/10/28/how-to-compose-a-resume-that-will-make-a-good-first-impression/
- What Attracts Attention to A Resume on QA Position?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2014/10/27/what-attracts-attention-of-employers-to-a-resume-on-a-software-testing-position/
- How to Craft Superb QA Engineer CV: Guide + Interview Tips: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2020/07/27/qa-engineer-cv/
Source URL: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2014/11/05/how-to-compose-a-resume-that-attracts-attention-of-employers/
Copyright ©2021 QATestLab Blog unless otherwise noted.