What to Consider Before Automated Testing?
by Nataliia Vasylyna | February 3, 2015 10:00 am
It is known that automated testing can considerably increase efficiency of a project. That is why managers often decide to automate some parts of mobile testing, desktop testing and web site testing.
One should keep in mind that automation is not an end-all answer. Before making decision to apply it, one should inquire about its peculiarities, determine what tests are suitable for it, and what the risks are. Without a thorough analysis and careful planning automated testing may provide no benefit and be economically irrational.
In Order to Make Automated Testing Useful and Profitable it is Necessary:
- To select the suitable specialists. Those, who automate tests, must be familiar with programming, know how to write scripts, be ready to master new programing languages and technologies. It is wise to attend special courses or organize training on automated testing for the team.
- To calculate whether automated testing is profitable for the project. Automation requires much investment, in particular at the beginning. Automated testing is more expensive than manual testing. The expenses include purchasing the tools, creating the scripts, tests maintenance and so on.
- To determine what tests are suitable for automation. For example, it is loss-making to automate user interface testing, if the user interface is not stable and is often changed.
Learn more from QATestLab
- Automated Testing – an Investment in the Future or a Hype Project
- What projects need test automation
- Test Automation in Agile Environment
- Automated Testing – an Investment in the Future or a Hype Project: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2020/01/15/automated-testing-future/
- What projects need test automation: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2018/06/12/when-automate-testing/
- Test Automation in Agile Environment: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2018/04/10/automated-agile-testing/
Source URL: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2015/02/03/what-should-be-considered-before-applying-automated-testing/
Copyright ©2021 QATestLab Blog unless otherwise noted.