How to Grow Professionally in Software Testing?
by Nataliia Vasylyna | February 9, 2015 10:00 am
Having found an interesting occupation and got a good job, one shouldn’t stop and relax. In order to be successful and grow professionally one should constantly learn something new.
People say that it is easy to build a career in software testing field. It is true if one is well familiar with information technology and quickly finds defects during mobile application testing, desktop testing and web site testing. But one should also constantly increase his or her knowledge.
To Quickly Climb a Career Ladder in Software Testing One Should:
- Constantly improve skills in manual and automated testing. One may learn how to work with new tools, master different methods and approaches to security testing, load testing, usability testing, functional testing and so on. Such knowledge considerably increases value of a test engineer.
- Work at communication skills, learn foreign languages. Good communication with the clients, developers and managers is an important aspect of career progress.
- Enjoy the work, software testing is interesting and exciting. All successful test engineers think so. Otherwise they would get bored and tired soon, and the quality of their testing would be low.
- Read books, magazines, blogs on software testing. It is necessary to keep up with the latest achievements of software development and testing.
Learn more from QATestLab
- Tips to Start Career in Testing Rightly
- How to Estimate Testers’ Professional Growth?
- How to Build a Career in Software Testing?
- Tips to Start Career in Testing Rightly: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/10/26/start-testing-career/
- How to Estimate Testers’ Professional Growth?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2015/02/20/how-do-qa-experts-form-an-estimate-of-the-testers-professional-growth/
- How to Build a Career in Software Testing?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2015/02/06/what-helps-to-quickly-build-a-career-in-software-testing-field/
Source URL: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2015/02/09/how-to-grow-professionally-in-software-testing/
Copyright ©2021 QATestLab Blog unless otherwise noted.