4 Main Constituents of Performance Testing
by Nataliia Vasylyna | July 22, 2015 9:45 am
One of the quality assurance means is performance testing which is used in order to understand if the software withstands the different load in terms of responsiveness and if it stays stable. This type of testing is rather important because it measures the security of the product.
Some testers believe that the main purpose of performance testing is to detect errors in the functional, but this view is mistaken. The real purpose of this methodology is to identify elements that limit the productivity of the system. During this type of system verification testers are obliged to focus their attention on how many simultaneous users can a program withstand (without loss in performance) and how quickly it responds to various manipulations.
Performance Testing is quite an extensive area of activity, as it has several major landmarks: the scalability, steadiness and quickness of operation. Both mobile testing and website testing should include some components of the performance testing, because at least one of them should reduce the risk of crashes while multiplatform use.
Components of the Performance Testing:
- Stress testing – checking the critical loads reaction of software.
- Reliability testing – figuring out the time slots that the system can withstand at optimum performance.
- Load testing – evaluation of the maximum number of users and the loads that the product is able to sustain without early termination or malfunction;
- Capacity testing – discovering the maximum number of users that the system can support simultaneously without impairing for its performance.
Performance testing procedures are extremely important, as they are aimed on meeting the expectations and wishes of customers and users concerning to firmness of software.
- 9 Steps to Fulfil Performance Testing
- Simulating the Reality during Performance Testing
- Performance Testing: Practical Tips from the Field
- What to test During Web Performance Testing?
- Performance Testing Without Automation Tools and Skills
- 9 Steps to Fulfil Performance Testing: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/12/02/fulfil-performance-testing/
- Simulating the Reality during Performance Testing: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/07/05/simulation-performance-testing/
- Performance Testing: Practical Tips from the Field: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/06/29/performance-testing-tips/
- What to test During Web Performance Testing?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2015/04/28/what-should-be-checked-during-performance-testing-of-a-web-program/
- Performance Testing Without Automation Tools and Skills: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2014/08/07/how-to-execute-performance-testing-without-special-tools-and-skills-in-automation/
Source URL: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2015/07/22/constituents-performance-testing/
Copyright ©2020 QATestLab Blog