Brief Survival Guide for Testers
by Nataliia Vasylyna | November 16, 2015 2:06 pm
Both a beginner and an experienced software tester may have doubts on how to do the right thing in testing.
It happens because if a tester makes a mistake, it may cost a lot for a software testing company. Thankfully, there are little tips that help testers to work happily and make the most out of their job. These recommendations are actually not new but still useful.
What Are the Tips That Help Testers Survive in Their Profession?
- Even the smallest, admittedly trouble-free feature can cause serious damage if not tested properly. During desktop application testing and website testing, a tester should check as many features as possible.
- Screenshots and video attachments are a great idea. However, testers should always thoroughly describe steps to reproduce a bug in their bug reports.
- There is nothing wrong if several testers check the aspects of the same feature during regression testing. It will help them to detect more bugs.
- If testers cannot reproduce an old bug, they should make sure that they are checking the right build. If a bug still cannot be reproduced, testers should leave an informative comment about that before closing a bug.
- A great practice is to look through bug reports of other testers from time to time. That will help a tester to look at the product from a different perspective and start finding bugs in unexpected areas.
- Last but not least, friendly relationship with developers is a great perk for testers.
These recommendations may seem obvious, but they are time-proved and useful for enthusiastic software testers.
- Software Perfection: Not as Easy as It Seems
- How to Perform Efficient Software Testing
- 3 Tips to Achieve Success in Software Testing
- How important is Software QA Testing?
- Top Android Devices to choose for Testing Apps in 2019
- desktop application testing: https://qatestlab.com/expertise/types-of-applications/desktop-application-testing/
- website testing: https://qatestlab.com/expertise/types-of-applications/web-application-testing/
- regression testing: https://qatestlab.com/services/Step-by-Step/regression-testing/
- Software Perfection: Not as Easy as It Seems: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/04/28/defining-software-perfection/
- How to Perform Efficient Software Testing: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2013/11/06/2-advices-how-to-perform-efficient-software-testing/
- 3 Tips to Achieve Success in Software Testing: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2013/03/15/3-tips-on-how-to-achieve-success-in-software-testing/
- How important is Software QA Testing?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2011/03/01/how-important-is-software-qa-testing/
- Top Android Devices to choose for Testing Apps in 2019: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2019/08/15/android-device-for-testing/
Source URL: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2015/11/16/brief-survival-guide/
Copyright ©2020 QATestLab Blog