Automated Testing: Weak Points
by Nataliia Vasylyna | December 2, 2015 9:58 am
In software testing company, specialists perform different types of testing, for example, system testing, unit testing, usability testing, desktop testing, etc. Nowadays automated testing is very popular and widely executed.
Automated testing is considered to be the most suitable checking type due to its effectiveness and quick performance time. Testers can check the product and get the immediate results with the help of one click.
Unfortunately, nobody is perfect, and automated testing has several disadvantages too. There are several pitfalls that testers should remember and avoid while executing this particular checking type.
What Are the Weak Points of Automated Testing?
- Automated testing does not replace manual testing. Every product has the peculiarities of its own specification and functionality. Testing procedure cannot be the same for checking different projects.
- Various commercial testing tools are now available. However, not all of them are user-oriented, and not all tools always provide the results of desired level.
- In case with automated user interface testing, it is expensive to develop such tests. Besides, they are performed at a low speed.
- All benefits of automated testing are valid only if it is performed on a regular basis.
- Automated tests may contain some errors. And fixing these failures takes some time. It can cause the delay of product release.
Not all testing procedures should be automated. The specialists need to analyze whether it is worthwhile to use automated tests.
Learn more from QATestLab
- Automated Testing – an Investment in the Future or a Hype Project
- What projects need test automation
- Test Automation in Agile Environment
- usability testing: https://qatestlab.com/services/We-Are-Professionals-in/usability-testing/
- Automated testing : https://qatestlab.com/services/We-Are-Professionals-in/automated-testing/
- user interface testing: https://qatestlab.com/services/We-Are-Professionals-in/User-Interface-Testing/
- Automated Testing – an Investment in the Future or a Hype Project: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2020/01/15/automated-testing-future/
- What projects need test automation: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2018/06/12/when-automate-testing/
- Test Automation in Agile Environment: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2018/04/10/automated-agile-testing/
Source URL: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2015/12/02/automated-testing-points/
Copyright ©2021 QATestLab Blog unless otherwise noted.