Testing: The Reverse Side of the Coin (Part 1)
by Nataliia Vasylyna | January 12, 2016 10:11 am
Software testing is rather interesting and exciting field. There are a lot of skilled specialists with a big working experience. They are always ready to help and give a piece of advice. But some testers are not so kind and amiable.
In IT sphere, there is an unspoken competition between companies and employees. Some specialists are afraid to lose their positions, and they try to prevent the promotion of more advanced colleague with bigger potential.
The easiest way for this is to give bad or even wrong recommendations. No one can be sure that the tips read in the article really work and will provide an effective software testing.
What Are the Wrong Testing Tips?
- The test plan should describe all elements and aspects of the project. Before performing functional testing, the specialist should have this test plan signed by all stakeholders.
- The test strategy and test approach should be detailed and done upfront. Moreover, they have to be unchanged during the development and testing processes. While executing integration testing, the specialist cannot modify the test strategy.
- Performance testing or usability testing is generally the same for different projects. That is why, there is a universal handbook which every tester should follow.
- It is better to use only several test techniques to check every system or application. A tester should master three or four test practices, but not many of them. It will provide more resultative mobile or desktop testing.
There a lot of recommendations of such a kind. These mentioned tips may lead to the tester’s dead failure. One should be careful in choosing the source of recommendations and advice.
Learn more from QATestLab
- Testing: The Reverse Side of the Coin (Part 2)
- How to prepare for Winter Sales
- What is Data Migration Testing
- functional testing: https://qatestlab.com/services/We-Are-Professionals-in/functional-testing/
- Performance testing: https://qatestlab.com/services/Withstand-the-Load/performance-testing/
- desktop testing: https://qatestlab.com/expertise/types-of-applications/desktop-application-testing/
- Testing: The Reverse Side of the Coin (Part 2): https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/01/13/reverse-side-part/
- How to prepare for Winter Sales: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2021/11/11/winter_sales_preparation/
- What is Data Migration Testing: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2021/08/11/what-is-data-migration-testing/
Source URL: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/01/12/testing-reverse-side/
Copyright ©2021 QATestLab Blog unless otherwise noted.