Testing and Silo: Common Features
by Nataliia Vasylyna | January 14, 2016 1:28 pm
It is said a lot about the silo effect and its results. Every company faces this problem, and software testing company is not an exception. On one hand, the silo may provide the positive effects. On the other hand, it limits the specialist’s actions and ideas.
The specialists from QA department perform different tests to discover bugs and any mismatches. In software testing field, the silo may cause the tribalism. It is necessary to provide the effective collaboration between all specialists involved in the process of product development.
But it is only one of various minuses of the silo effects. One should not just prevent the negative results of silo, but it is also important to use all of its benefits. There are some tips which will help to make the silo useful.
How to Enjoy the Silos Advantages?
- First of all, it is necessary to realize that silo is an inevitable part of every activity. The silo effect may provide either positive or negative results.
- The experience and practices from other silos should be taken into account. It is the way to learn something new and to prevent possible troubles.
- It is important for testers to be agile and apply the principles and practices of other specialists. If an expert is open to thoughts and ideas that differ from his own, then system testing or any other checking type will be performed at a high level.
- A tester should be a team player. It is necessary to respect other people’s ideas and suggestions about items concerning the testing process.
Learn more from QATestLab
- How to prepare for Winter Sales
- What is Data Migration Testing
- Software Bugs Monthly Digest – July 2021
- software testing: https://qatestlab.com/services/We-Are-Professionals-in/software-product-testing/
- system testing: https://qatestlab.com/services/Step-by-Step/system-testing/
- How to prepare for Winter Sales: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2021/11/11/winter_sales_preparation/
- What is Data Migration Testing: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2021/08/11/what-is-data-migration-testing/
- Software Bugs Monthly Digest – July 2021: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2021/08/04/software-bugs-monthly-digest-july-2021/
Source URL: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/01/14/testing-silo-common/
Copyright ©2021 QATestLab Blog unless otherwise noted.