How to Distinguish Between QC, QA and Testing?
by Nataliia Vasylyna | February 8, 2016 11:52 am
The specialists of IT sphere should clearly understand different notions and concepts. Several notions may have some resembling features. To avoid mixing up such a kind of concepts, one should always enrich his theoretical knowledge.
A lot of misconceptions may appear around somehow connected terms used in testing field. For example, it is difficult for a newcomer to differentiate unit testing and integration testing, white and black box testing, etc. Software testing is full of such troublesome terms.
Additionally to different testing types, there three more concepts concerned the quality of developed products.
What Terms May Cause Difficulties?
- Quality control
- Quality assurance
Some people use QC, QA and testing as alternatives. At first sight, these terms look similar, but it is not really so. Surely, they have some common features. But there are also couples of differences. It is important to clearly understand the shades of their meanings.
What Is the Difference Between QC, QA and Testing?
- The aim of testing is to discover bugs in the developed product. It is the fundamental process of the software product procedure. Numerous testing types, for example, mobile testing, regression testing, load testing, etc., are performed by testers or the team of specialists.
- Quality control evaluates the product quality. It gives the final feedback about the product quality. It defines the mismatches, before end users get the product.
Quality assurance is more effective than QC. The purpose of QA is to re-engineer the system with the aim of preventing further happening of earlier discovered bugs.
- Automated Testing – an Investment in the Future or a Hype Project
- DevSecOps: What is its Place in the Development Process?
- Top Android Devices to choose for Testing Apps in 2019
- How quality of your website defines its success
- Software Perfection: Not as Easy as It Seems
- unit testing: https://qatestlab.com/services/Step-by-Step/Unit-Testing/
- mobile testing: http://mobile.qatestlab.com/en/
- load testing: https://qatestlab.com/services/Withstand-the-Load/Load-Testing/
- Automated Testing – an Investment in the Future or a Hype Project: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2020/01/15/automated-testing-future/
- DevSecOps: What is its Place in the Development Process?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2019/12/18/devsecops-development-process/
- Top Android Devices to choose for Testing Apps in 2019: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2019/08/15/android-device-for-testing/
- How quality of your website defines its success: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2018/02/12/test-website-quality/
- Software Perfection: Not as Easy as It Seems: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/04/28/defining-software-perfection/
Source URL: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/02/08/qc-qa-testing/
Copyright ©2020 QATestLab Blog