5 Levels of Testing Maturity
by Nataliia Vasylyna | February 9, 2016 3:09 pm
In software products testing field, a lot of various definitions of the notion ‘software testing’ are suggested by the specialists of IT sphere. There is no universal description of this particular concept. But all existed determinations have some common features.
In general, testing is the process of measuring and evaluating of the quality of developed product. Either it is mobile testing or desktop testing, the aim of procedure is checking the system capabilities in order to improve its quality.
The levels of testing maturity arise a lot of discussions. There is a definite number of maturity levels. There are five of them.
What Are the Levels of Testing Maturity?
- Testing and debugging are similar processes. Errors and mismatches can be discovered accidentally without any designed actions.
- Software products are bug-free, and they function without any mistakes. The purpose of testing is just to demonstrate that the developed product operates in an appropriate way. Testers should not look for deeply ensconced bugs.
- Every system is full of bugs. The aim of testing is to check in details the product functionality. The specialists should write various test cases to discover errors.
- Testing is performed not to demonstrate whether the product functions correctly or incorrectly. The testing goal is to decrease a chance of the product misoperation. A tester should supply the development team with the results of checked capabilities of the product. The specialist gives the feedback about code functioning.
- Testing checks not only the code but also the product design, its correspondence to the requirement specifications, etc. To examine some product feature, a tester may write the additional code too. The highest level of maturity is the execution of automated testing.
- mobile testing: http://mobile.qatestlab.com/en/
- desktop testing: https://qatestlab.com/expertise/types-of-applications/desktop-application-testing/
- automated testing: https://qatestlab.com/services/We-Are-Professionals-in/automated-testing/
Source URL: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/02/09/testing-maturity-levels/
Copyright ©2019 QATestLab Blog