Test Plan Constituents
by Nataliia Vasylyna | March 11, 2016 8:05 am
The specialists from software testing company write test plans which simplify a lot the testing procedure. Test plans help to arrange functional testing, performance testing or installation testing.
Test plans can be created at two levels: the project one (master test plan) and at subsidiary levels (unit, integration, system, etc.). Despite of the level, test plan consists of several sections which have their own specific features and goal.
What Are the Constituents of Test Plan?
- Identifier (helps to distinguish test plan from any other document).
- Introduction (a brief summary of software).
- Test items (software elements that should be checked).
- Features (the characteristics that should be tested, for example, security, usability, load capacity, etc.). Besides the features to be checked, system features that should not be tested and the reason of that are defined in this section.
- Approach (the appropriate testing approach which will ensure the most effective and efficient performance of the checking procedure. For example, automated principle applied during web application testing or mobile testing.)
- Pass/fail criteria (the parameters according to which the test item is considered to pass or fail).
- Additional conditions (under which testing procedure may be resumed or suspended).
This particular list of constituent element of test plan is not full. There are sections which contain the information or parameters needed to conduct software product testing. The practice shows that the checking procedure cannot be performed without creating test plans.
- What Should Be Included in a Test Plan?
- Does Your Project Need a Test Plan?
- Main Parts of Successful Test Plan
- Software Test Documentation
- Test Plan: Test Environment, Project Schedule and Staff
- functional testing: https://qatestlab.com/services/We-Are-Professionals-in/functional-testing/
- Test plans: https://qatestlab.com/resources/knowledge-center/sample-deliverables/test-plan/
- web application testing: https://qatestlab.com/expertise/types-of-applications/web-application-testing/
- What Should Be Included in a Test Plan?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2015/01/05/what-should-be-included-in-a-test-plan/
- Does Your Project Need a Test Plan?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2017/04/17/test-plan-importance/
- Main Parts of Successful Test Plan: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/10/03/successful-test-planning/
- Software Test Documentation: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/03/18/software-testing-documents/
- Test Plan: Test Environment, Project Schedule and Staff: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2015/01/06/why-must-test-environment-the-project-schedule-and-staff-be-mentioned-in-the-test-plan/
Source URL: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/03/11/test-plan-constituents/
Copyright ©2019 QATestLab Blog