3 Reasons to Conduct Regression Testing
by Nataliia Vasylyna | April 1, 2016 9:32 am
The purpose of software testing is not only to find a bug but also to help fixing it. Bug fixing often causes additional bugs. That is why every software testing company performs regression testing.
Regression testing is carried out after making changes to a software product and implies retesting of the product areas that have been changed. Similar to functional testing, regression testing can be automated or performed manually by executing a particular set of test cases. No matter how it is done, this type of testing is essential for delivering a software product of high quality.
What Are the Three Fundamental Reasons to Carry Out Regression Testing?
- When developers fix a bug, add a new functionality, or modify an existing one, they always change a program code. Even a little change may result in a bunch of new bugs. Regression testing is intended to detect them.
- In case of changing the operating environment, a software tester can reveal and localize undesirable side effects by means of regression testing.
- Properly performed regression testing is a key to successful integration testing.
A software tester should keep in mind that new bugs and side effects may appear after fixing bugs that were found during regression testing. However, a software product of high quality cannot be built without thorough and structured regression testing.
Learn more from QATestLab
- What Are the Advantages of Regression Testing?
- Five Steps of Regression Testing
- Why to Perform Regression and Smoke Testing?
- regression testing: https://qatestlab.com/services/Step-by-Step/regression-testing/
- functional testing: https://qatestlab.com/services/We-Are-Professionals-in/functional-testing/
- integration testing: https://qatestlab.com/services/Step-by-Step/Integration-Testing/
- What Are the Advantages of Regression Testing?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2017/02/02/regression-testing-cons/
- Five Steps of Regression Testing: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/08/26/regression-testing-steps/
- Why to Perform Regression and Smoke Testing?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2015/07/27/regression-smoke-testing/
Source URL: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/04/01/conduct-regression-testing/
Copyright ©2022 QATestLab Blog unless otherwise noted.