E-Commerce Testing: Things to Concentrate On
by Nataliia Vasylyna | May 5, 2016 12:57 pm
From the perspective of software testing company employees, testing of e-commerce systems may be considered monotonous, if not boring.
In actual fact, e-commerce checking as a type of software testing can be a good chance to demonstrate the creativity and enthusiasm of a software tester. When testing unfamiliar e-commerce platform, a tester can act like a regular user and find unexpected bugs with the help of exploratory testing techniques. Moreover, a fresh perspective can help a sharp-eyed software tester to find interface issues comparable with the ones found during complex usability testing.
What Aspects of E-Commerce Testing Deserve a Special Focus?
- Generally positive user experience
- Consistent inventory control
- Policy of returns and refunds
- Possibility of both online and in-store shopping
- Compatibility of a product with different browsers and devices
User experience is not just how a user reacts on fonts and button colors. It also includes checking for the presence of dead-end processes and confusing factors. It is needless to say that unpleasant bottlenecks like these should be eliminated as early as possible.
During e-commerce testing, it is extremely important to focus on things that a customer observes, uses and is influenced by. If a customer is confused and annoyed with a product, he/she will most likely choose not to use it. That’s why a great idea is to entrust the execution of e-commerce testing to companies that know exactly how it should be done.
- Is your online store ready for Christmas Rush?
- How to make users add your online shop to bookmarks?
- Customer loyalty programs: types and tools overview
- How to Improve E-Commerce Products?
- What is PSD2 (Payment Service Directive 2) about?
- software testing: https://qatestlab.com/services/We-Are-Professionals-in/software-product-testing/
- exploratory testing: https://qatestlab.com/services/No-Documentation/exploratory-testing/
- usability testing: https://qatestlab.com/services/We-Are-Professionals-in/usability-testing/
- Is your online store ready for Christmas Rush?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2018/12/18/ecommerce-christmas-rush/
- How to make users add your online shop to bookmarks?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2019/10/08/adding-online-shop-to-bookmarks/
- Customer loyalty programs: types and tools overview: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2019/01/08/customer-loyalty-programs/
- How to Improve E-Commerce Products?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2017/01/30/improve-ecommerce-products/
- What is PSD2 (Payment Service Directive 2) about?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2019/11/07/payment-service-directive-2/
Source URL: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/05/05/ecommerce-testing-things/
Copyright ©2019 QATestLab Blog