Is Test Automation Just a Time Killer? Think Harder!
by Nataliia Vasylyna | June 14, 2016 7:56 am
When a customer or project manager finds out how long the test automation process will take, he/she often refuses to implement it, citing the lack of time as a reason for it.
What they usually don’t realize is that automated test scripts will save plenty of time in the future during functional testing or load testing. Among their other advantages, automated tests will allow both a programmer and a specialist of software testing to comprehend somebody else’s code more quickly.
How Else Can Test Automation Help to Improve the Development Process?
- If written for each code modification, automated tests will help to find and instantly fix trivial yet annoying bugs.
- Automated test scripts help to ensure that new bugs don’t arise in the process of fixing existing defects.
- Raw, tangled, sometimes totally irrational business logic can be a headache, especially at the beginning of the development process. With automated tests, it is much easier to grasp the confusing business logic.
- As time goes by, automated tests help to track all changes made to a code and business logic and can be used as a kind of documentation for developers and testers.
In a software testing company, a competent use of automated testing can be a remedy for numerous problems. By now, this should’ve been realized by a majority of project managers.
- What projects need test automation
- Software Test Automation: Problems and Tips
- How to Choose a Tool for Automated Testing?
- Highway to the Automated Testing Hell
- Test Automation: When Focus Is Not on Quantity
- functional testing: http://qatestlab.com/services/We-Are-Professionals-in/functional-testing/
- software testing : http://qatestlab.com/services/We-Are-Professionals-in/software-product-testing/
- automated testing: http://qatestlab.com/services/We-Are-Professionals-in/automated-testing/
- What projects need test automation: http://blog.qatestlab.com/2018/06/12/when-automate-testing/
- Software Test Automation: Problems and Tips: http://blog.qatestlab.com/2017/01/04/automation-problems-tips/
- How to Choose a Tool for Automated Testing?: http://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/09/16/choose-automation-tool/
- Highway to the Automated Testing Hell: http://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/08/31/automated-testing-hell/
- Test Automation: When Focus Is Not on Quantity: http://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/07/11/test-automation-focus/
Source URL: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/06/14/automation-time-killer/
Copyright ©2019 QATestLab Blog