UI Testing on Android: How to Do It Right
by Nataliia Vasylyna | June 22, 2016 5:21 am
The major part of mobile market is currently occupied by Android devices. All actions that users perform on Android devices affect the user interface and lead to its changes.
A software testing company should conduct user interface testing within the scope of mobile application testing. There are strategies and best practices for this type of testing.
What Are the Most Effective Strategies for Android UI Testing?
- It is desirable to use open source tools to perform dependency injections. This allows a tester to use fake implementations of the app modules instead of real ones.
- There is no need to set up servers and networks during UI testing. These conditions can simply be simulated. Saved time can be used for other aspects of mobile software testing.
- During Android UI testing, hermetic tests can be conducted with the help of a fake server. Maintaining such a server may be time-consuming, but the testing process itself becomes much faster.
- The best way to create a mobile application is to build it into separate libraries. In this case, a software tester can at first verify the quality of individual components and then perform brief integration testing. This approach allows producing a stable application with immaculate user interface.
Implementation of these strategies and usage of solid testing frameworks is a great way to perform Android testing.
- Fundamentals of Android Testing
- Effective Mobile Application Testing
- Similarities Between Mobile Testing and Other Testing Types
- UI Testing of iOS Apps with UIAutomation
- Common Errors of iOS apps
- user interface testing: https://qatestlab.com/services/We-Are-Professionals-in/User-Interface-Testing/
- mobile software testing: http://mobile.qatestlab.com/
- Fundamentals of Android Testing: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/12/23/android-testing-fundamentals/
- Effective Mobile Application Testing: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2017/04/11/mobile-app-testing/
- Similarities Between Mobile Testing and Other Testing Types: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/12/30/mobile-testing-parallels/
- UI Testing of iOS Apps with UIAutomation: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/12/21/ios-apps-uiautomation/
- Common Errors of iOS apps: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/12/19/ios-common-errors/
Source URL: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/06/22/android-mobile-testing/
Copyright ©2019 QATestLab Blog