5 Causes of Bugs Miss Out
by Nataliia Vasylyna | September 19, 2016 7:45 am
QA company always tries to motivate its testers to be more concentrated and attentive during the process of software testing. A tester can be more than creative in case of test cases creating, but sometimes there is a possibility to miss several important defects.
Where Can the Bugs Hide?
- Testing procedure cannot cover all the bugs forcing Due to the different browsers, OS versions and other conditions the exclusive bugs triggering combination can never be found, so that the defect will stay in the system. In this situation, a tester should check the most common set of actions that can be done by users in future.
- Bugs saved in backlog tend to be forgotten. Bugs fix tickets, unfortunately, may be not remembered and fixed in time, hence the bugs are missed.
- Communication problems inside the team. Sometimes, new-entry tester feels some kind of discomfort and fear because of the more respectful senior specialist. Thus, the bug is not announced.
- The high-priority bug overlaps the less one. For example, a tester starts to execute functional testing and wants to follow one of the links of the website page, however, this link is not active, and that means that while performing user interface testing a tester didn’t notice this bug.
- The most unpleasant thing is when the “right in front of you” bugs are not noticed. Weather conditions, lack of sleep or simple inattention can cause the inability to see the defects hiding in a plain of sight while performing, e.g. website testing.
- Top Software Bugs 2018
- Is software testing a waste or a benefit?
- Most expensive bugs of 2016
- Software failure: how to avoid Murphy’s law?
- The Most Unusual Bugs
- software testing: https://qatestlab.com/services/We-Are-Professionals-in/software-product-testing/
- functional testing : https://qatestlab.com/services/We-Are-Professionals-in/functional-testing/
- website testing: https://qatestlab.com/expertise/types-of-applications/web-application-testing/
- Top Software Bugs 2018: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2018/08/28/software-bugs-2018/
- Is software testing a waste or a benefit?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2017/12/15/software-testing-purpose/
- Most expensive bugs of 2016: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2017/06/27/most-expensive-bugs/
- Software failure: how to avoid Murphy’s law?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2017/06/06/software-product-failures/
- The Most Unusual Bugs: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/08/30/most-unusual-bugs/
Source URL: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/09/19/bugs-missout-causes/
Copyright ©2019 QATestLab Blog