Main Parts of Successful Test Plan
by Nataliia Vasylyna | October 3, 2016 6:55 am
Any QA company tries to conduct an effective project management policy. Incomplete or poor project management, especially in the case of software testing, may lead to severe negative consequences for the whole QA process.
An ability to correctly point out the project purposes, assign the executive team members, specify the methods and strategy of the following execution, and so on – an important and inherent part of the project management process.
Talking about the management, one cannot but mention the test planning procedure. Before proceeding either to manual testing or automation testing, a tester should create an accurate test plan.
What Are the Main Steps of the Test Plan Creation?
- Familiarization with the requirements. This step presupposes the full analysis of the available specification and defining the system to be checked.
- The test purpose determination. Based on the looked through documentation, a tester should define the scope of the following work.
- The test strategy creation. According to the previous item, the test methodology and approaches should be selected.
- Choosing of the necessary tools. Depending on selected testing type (user interface, functional testing or others), the testers determine the tools, needed for the successful test process execution.
- The test team efforts assessment. In order to prevent any product release delays, the procedure of the adequate efforts estimation is required.
- The test terms defining.
- The test plan realization.
- The test environment specification.
- The execution of the quality test of metrics.
With relation to all above, it is a fundamental moment for the QA department and especially for the testers to realize all importance and obligation of the test planning process.
- On What Documents Should a Test Plan be Based?
- How to Work out a Proper Test Plan?
- Checklist for Test Plan Review. Sample-Based
- Test Plan Constituents
- What Should Be Included in a Test Plan?
- software testing: http://qatestlab.com/services/We-Are-Professionals-in/software-product-testing/
- automation testing: http://qatestlab.com/services/We-Are-Professionals-in/automated-testing/
- user interface: http://qatestlab.com/services/We-Are-Professionals-in/User-Interface-Testing/
- On What Documents Should a Test Plan be Based?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2014/06/05/on-what-documents-should-a-test-plan-be-based/
- How to Work out a Proper Test Plan?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2014/05/29/how-to-work-out-a-proper-test-plan/
- Checklist for Test Plan Review. Sample-Based: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2019/03/04/checklist-for-test-plan/
- Test Plan Constituents: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/03/11/test-plan-constituents/
- What Should Be Included in a Test Plan?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2015/01/05/what-should-be-included-in-a-test-plan/
Source URL: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/10/03/successful-test-planning/
Copyright ©2019 QATestLab Blog