6 Tips for a Perfect Test Summary Report
by Nataliia Vasylyna | October 18, 2016 6:43 am
Software testing, being a complex and multilevel activity, takes much time and effort of its performer. Thus, a tester nerves a little when it comes to the final stages, especially in terms of a test report.
Test summary report is one of the most important conclusive documents which should be accurately composed and understandable for any person who wants to look it through. After functional testing, user interface testing, performance checking, load and security testing, unit testing, automated testing are performed, a specialist should write a report about the fulfilled work.
How to Make Test Report More Effective?
- Firstly, the information, contained in the test report, should provide an adequate number of details which reflect the essence of the project.
- Secondly, a tester should realize what audience his report is designed for in order QA leads may easily catch on.
- Also, the description of all possible and available hindrances is a good practice for such documentation.
- The test report should contain the set of already performed tasks and the perspective ones.
- One should not stop trying to make his report better; it is useful to read the colleagues’ reports for comparison.
- Before sending the final version, a tester should reread it in order to make sure that the information covers all necessary aspects and is relevant.
Therefore, one needs to have special skills to write a proper test summary report in order to provide the QA department with the clear, brief but enough information about the executed work.
Learn more from QATestLab
- Software Test Documentation
- performance checking: https://qatestlab.com/services/Withstand-the-Load/performance-testing/
- security testing: https://qatestlab.com/services/Is-Your-Software-Secure/security-testing/
- automated testing: https://qatestlab.com/services/We-Are-Professionals-in/automated-testing/
- Software Test Documentation: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/03/18/software-testing-documents/
Source URL: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/10/18/test-summary-report/
Copyright ©2021 QATestLab Blog unless otherwise noted.