Test Documentation as Early Warning of Errors
by Nataliia Vasylyna | November 23, 2016 8:02 am
Any QA company tends to complete software testing in time and as far as feasible to curb expenditures.
Each software test process starts with the requirements’ examination. Unfortunately, documentation provided by the client frequently differs in degree but not in kind. Sometimes this entails critical circumstances for the project, especially the day before release.
Agree that after many weeks of manual testing, then some more time of automation testing, it will be not so good to detect that the registration form does not have validation. This happened because this item was absent in the primary documentation so the developer just missed this.
In order to avoid such kind of situation, one suggests executing documentation testing. It means that testers begin their activity before the developers start writing code lines. In fact, this is non-functional testing – a procedure which is performed as the preventive way of early discovering of potential errors.
Why Should Documentation Checking Be Obligatory Executed?
- It gives an opportunity to detect the distinct mistakes in the problem setting, not during the code realization.
- It equips the testers with the primary and verifiable testing documentation.
- Its implementation allows software company to reduce the software production expenses.
- Documentation checking is one of the most cost-effective approaches to the whole test process.
Thereafter, requirement testing checks the future system before its direct creation. It helps to define some inexactnesses and ambiguity of task, reveal whether the product is functional and meets the market needs.
- Testing at a Complex Project: QATestLab Real Case
- How to Create Efficient QA Team in Startup
- Does Your Project Need a Test Plan?
- How to Create a Good Bug Report?
- How to Build a User Story like a Pro?
- software testing: https://qatestlab.com/services/We-Are-Professionals-in/software-product-testing/
- manual testing: https://qatestlab.com/services/We-Are-Professionals-in/manual-testing/
- documentation testing: https://qatestlab.com/services/special-offer/documentation-testing/
- Testing at a Complex Project: QATestLab Real Case: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2019/09/03/complex-project-testing/
- How to Create Efficient QA Team in Startup: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2019/03/29/qa-in-startup/
- Does Your Project Need a Test Plan?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2017/04/17/test-plan-importance/
- How to Create a Good Bug Report?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2017/01/16/create-bug-report/
- How to Build a User Story like a Pro?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/05/27/build-user-story/
Source URL: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/11/23/test-documentation-warning/
Copyright ©2020 QATestLab Blog