Common Errors of iOS apps
by Nataliia Vasylyna | December 19, 2016 2:35 pm
iOS is the platform for mobile applications that was developed by the Apple company. The products created on iOS are intended to be installed and work properly only on Apple-hardware. In other words, they should be installed only on iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.).
Some people are sure that every iOS app is error-free and iOS testing wastes time and effort. But the products have few bugs exactly because of thorough mobile application testing. It is impossible to develop a bug-free software product.
What Are the Most Wide-Spread Bugs of iOS application?
- What irritates the end users most of all is the application crash during the interaction. It is the problem not only for iOS apps but for Android ones too. The error of such a type can be caused by several reasons that are detailed further.
- If the app operates properly on one iOS version, it will not obligatory work the same way on another version. Compatibility testing is executed to check this aspect.
- Security bugs. Hackers use security vulnerability of app to steal confidential data and use it for personal gain. To prevent such situations, security testing is conducted.
- Memory leaks. Usually, the app crashing is caused by memory leak – memory allocations are managed by the program incorrectly.
These issues can be detected during Android testing too. No matter the application of what platform is used, no one can guarantee its 100% correct operating. The specialists are able only to reduce the number of serious bugs with the help of various software testing types.
- Effective Mobile Application Testing
- Similarities Between Mobile Testing and Other Testing Types
- Fundamentals of Android Testing
- UI Testing of iOS Apps with UIAutomation
- How Increase Fruitfulness of Web, Desktop and Mobile Testing?
- iOS testing: https://qatestlab.com/services/special-offer/mobile-testing/
- security testing: https://qatestlab.com/services/Is-Your-Software-Secure/security-testing/
- Android testing: http://mobile.qatestlab.com/
- Effective Mobile Application Testing: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2017/04/11/mobile-app-testing/
- Similarities Between Mobile Testing and Other Testing Types: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/12/30/mobile-testing-parallels/
- Fundamentals of Android Testing: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/12/23/android-testing-fundamentals/
- UI Testing of iOS Apps with UIAutomation: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/12/21/ios-apps-uiautomation/
- How Increase Fruitfulness of Web, Desktop and Mobile Testing?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2014/04/22/5-advices-helping-to-increase-fruitfulness-of-web-site-testing-desktop-testing-and-mobile-testing/
Source URL: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/12/19/ios-common-errors/
Copyright ©2020 QATestLab Blog