How to Create a Good Bug Report?
by Nataliia Vasylyna | January 16, 2017 9:54 am
While testing, the specialist should obligatory follow certain stages in order to complete QA process successfully. Thus, the bug finding procedure always includes defect reporting.
There are many different bug tracking systems (Mantis, Jira, Bugzilla, Redmine, etc.) or special defect tools which assist testers during their direct duties – bug detection. They all have functional peculiarities, various interfaces, and additional options. However, there are some principles which should be applied. Unfortunately, sometimes testers do not or are not able to follow these principles during software product testing.
What May Prevent the QA Engineer to Make an Issue?
- Ingenuity absence – blind following the strict test plan sometimes prevents the tester to make a suggestion as for the software improvement. Each bug management database has an option to open an ‘Enhancement Suggestion’ defect. And this is what especially required during usability testing.
- More haste less speed – being in a hurry is one of the biggest enemies of a tester. It is of great importance to re-check all the entered fields once more again in order to make sure that severity/priority is selected correctly, steps to reproduce are written understandable, and so on.
- The sloth ruins everything – working on a serious project, the tester should be very careful with the bug he assigns to the lead. Sometimes Software License Agreement monitors the number of invalid defects, hence, if there are many duplicates or unreproducible bugs, this may negatively affect the reputation of software testing company.
Learn more from QATestLab
- How to Write a Quality Bug Report
- How to Write Good Tets Report?
- What Information a Good Bug Report Contains
- defect: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2011/10/11/main-types-of-defects-in-software-testing/
- usability testing: https://qatestlab.com/services/We-Are-Professionals-in/usability-testing/
- How to Write a Quality Bug Report: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2020/07/07/quality-bug-report/
- How to Write Good Tets Report?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/09/14/test-diplomacy-communication/
- What Information a Good Bug Report Contains: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2015/04/02/what-information-should-a-good-error-report-contain/
Source URL: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2017/01/16/create-bug-report/
Copyright ©2021 QATestLab Blog unless otherwise noted.