What Tests Should Be Automated?
by Nataliia Vasylyna | August 14, 2013 10:00 am
Every software testing process is especial and requires individual attention. When planning mobile application testing, desktop testing or web site testing it is necessary to consider many issues and collect a lot of data.
One of the important things that must be solved by a software testing company is what tests should be automated and what it is better to perform manually.
It is assumed that automated testing saves much time and efforts, but it may be too expensive and unprofitable to automate some test-cases. It is up to a software testing company what tests to automate.
Here Is the List of Tests That Should Be Automated:
- Tests that are unfeasibly or costly to perform manually.
- Tests that will be performed repeatedly.
- Tests that check high-risk factors.
- Tests with a great number of input data that are performed in one scenario.
- Tests for a stable application version.
- Tests for regression testing.
- Tests for smoke testing.
- Tests consisting of a number of easy steps that will be performed several times.
- Tests that have foreseeable outcomes.
The above mentioned tests are often automated. But, of course, before automation every testing process should be carefully considered. Test automation is rather expensive process that is why software testing company should review all the conditions before making decision to automate tests. Besides, there are tests that cannot be automated.
- Software Test Automation: Problems and Tips
- What projects need test automation
- Automate or not Automate – That Is the Question!
- 4 Inherent Parts of Modern Test Automation
- How to Choose a Tool for Automated Testing?
- tests that cannot be automated: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2018/06/06/no-automated-testing/
- Software Test Automation: Problems and Tips: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2017/01/04/automation-problems-tips/
- What projects need test automation: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2018/06/12/when-automate-testing/
- Automate or not Automate – That Is the Question!: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2017/02/16/automation-principle-approach/
- 4 Inherent Parts of Modern Test Automation: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2017/01/02/modern-automation-parts/
- How to Choose a Tool for Automated Testing?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/09/16/choose-automation-tool/
Source URL: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2013/08/14/what-tests-should-be-automated/
Copyright ©2020 QATestLab Blog