With the help of UIAutomation, software testing requires less effort. It utilizes less memory to run all necessary test cases. The general procedure of UI testing becomes simpler and faster. UIAutomation creates the test scripts that simulate users’ events.
Besides that, the tool supports rotation and gestures. But it is not open-source. And the process of integration with other tools will cause difficulties. UIAutomation has several classes.
What Are UIAutomation Classes?
- UIAElement – a super class for every UI element in the terms of automation.
- UIATarget – UI elements of a high level.
- UIALogger gives the info about errors of retrieval functionality.
- UIAActivityView – provide access, control, and views of activity.
- UIAActionSheet – provide access and control of action sheets.
- User Event Actions (including UISlider, UIButton, UIAKey, UIAKeyboard classes).
Besides that, during iOS testing, the test team can use such automated testing frameworks as MonkeyTalk, Frank, and KIF. If it is necessary to perform automated testing of Android, iOS, Adobe or HTML5 apps, then MonkeyTalk can be utilized. With its help, the test cases can be easily managed and run in the integrated environment.
Frank is used to conduct automated acceptance testing of the products for iPhone and iPad. KIF is a framework for iOS integration testing.