Common Defects of Mobile Applications
by Nataliia Vasylyna | November 15, 2013 10:00 am
Touch screen is a complex and sophisticated part of a device. It serves as an instrument for outputting and inputting information at the same time. Touch screens are equipped with many sensors enabling them to receive and interpret various signals.
Touch screen is one of the elements that should be given due consideration during mobile application testing. Most mobile devices have touch screens, personal computers are not tooled up with them. That is why touch screen related issues are not involved in desktop testing or web site testing.
A mobile device performs a lot of functions simultaneously. It maintains connectivity, determines its location, lighting, user proximity. It receives information from its sensors and processes it. A mobile device also supports functions of touch screen. So, a software testing company recommends paying much attention to user interface testing when checking a mobile software product.
Aspects That Must Be Considered When Executing Mobile Testing:
- sizes and resolutions of the software items on the screen;
- if it is convenient to tap the application objects;
- the application behavior in motion and in various positions of the device;
- if there are input lags when the software is functioning;
- if freeze-ups of the device happen during work of the application;
- if it is necessary to press buttons hard for several times in order to make the software do what is required.
These are common problems of mobile software products. A tester must not ignore them performing mobile testing.
- Expected Bugs during Mobile Testing
- What Mobile App Behavior Can Be Software Bug?
- Effective Mobile Application Testing
- Similarities Between Mobile Testing and Other Testing Types
- Fundamentals of Android Testing
- Expected Bugs during Mobile Testing: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2014/01/30/what-are-important-issues-in-course-of-mobile-testing/
- What Mobile App Behavior Can Be Software Bug?: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2013/11/08/what-kinds-of-mobile-applications-behavior-must-be-considered-to-be-software-bugs/
- Effective Mobile Application Testing: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2017/04/11/mobile-app-testing/
- Similarities Between Mobile Testing and Other Testing Types: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/12/30/mobile-testing-parallels/
- Fundamentals of Android Testing: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2016/12/23/android-testing-fundamentals/
Source URL: https://blog.qatestlab.com/2013/11/15/what-are-common-defects-of-mobile-applications/
Copyright ©2019 QATestLab Blog